This week the class decided to learn some basic image manipulation techniques using the trial version of Adobe Photoshop.
- Farid, “Photo Tampering throughout History,” FourandSix.com (2011).
- Krause, “Discovery Through Digitization,” Slant of Light (23 April 2011).
- Landrum, “Camera, Laptop, and What Else? Hacking Better Tools for the Short Archival Research Trip,” Cliotropic (19-20 February 2010).
- Posner, “Batch-Processing Photos from Your Archive Trip,” (5 March 2011).
Sources to Consider
- Faking It: Manipulated Photography before Photoshop (MOMA Exhibit)
Write a blog post about your explorations with Photoshop (be sure to include pictures from your work). This will count as the third assignment for the course.